Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hollowed by the Flame


In the gloaming on Sunset Beach, Anacortes, WA.
I found this poem I wrote crumpled in the sheaves of my journal:
Walking in the gloaming garden,
my skin gliding through the silken quiet,
orange, mauve light surrounding every being,
this body both vessel of the journey and the stillness,
this body my home, container and confinement.

Glass walls surround my vision.
I am like a lightning bug spinning in a jar.

It is sunset soon.
Soon the lid will be undone,
the confinement shattered.
The glass will fall and
the light that is me will fly
into the dark.
Across the top of the page I wrote
I can only burn so much ecstasy
without becoming hollowed out by the flame.

Creator, make me a clear and resonant instrument for your songs.

Reader, may you discover the light that is within you and may you find freedom in that light.


Love,
Rick


(c) Copyright Richard Sievers, August 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment