Thursday, January 7, 2010

Connectivity

The computer is not connecting, not jiving with what I want it to do. The picture won't upload. A setting in the network is crossed up. The WIFI in the coffee shop seems to be down for the moment. Screen is diffuse with odd characters. No connectivity. I pause in the flickering. I recall a quote by Marie Whelen:

The Greatest

Gift
Is Love,

Not Visions



I look across the little cafe. There is a buzz of people chatting. Beside me is a table with eleven women knitting while they tell stories. Mostly older. A lot of silver and gray hair. A lot of wisdom and experience. Weaving laughter with silence. They seem like long time friends.

I'm reminded again and again of how much we need each other. Being connected with loving people is the foundation for happiness. I soak in the colors and threads of conversation, remembering what I wrote to you about depression yesterday. I'm a little embarrassed by what I revealed. I'm also a little relieved that the connection went through between words of the brain and the song of the heart. Then I sent a part of our shared humanity out into the world to you.

Blessings to you today... this day to connect with the tangles and skeins of community.

The monitor blinks. The letters make sense now. The web comes alive again on the screen.

RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment