Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three Strands of Community

Venersborg Apple Fest


Three beginnings occurred in my life yesterday.

I met with my amazing editor, Jill Kelly, to go over the draft of my book The Cabin That Flew Home.

I walked into my therapists office and left the nice, always competent looking guy at the door.

And as the ring around the moon ignited over the swaying forest I was ordained in a circle of women at my community People of the Heart .

All three events seem to weave together. The creative, the shadow and the initiate within me came together for a reunion yesterday. What humbling joy to have the whole of me witnessed by my friends.

I'll tell you more about the ordination this coming week. What I can say is that there is a circle of love praying for the world, up in the wild hills above Battle Ground, Washington.

When I knelt for receiving my vestments, when prayerful hands were laid upon me, an expansive peace came upon me... filled me. Those moments still flood my memory with hope.

Today I am grateful for the calling of community. I am grateful that community sings its richest song when the whole diversity of self and beliefs is invited along.

Peace to you my friends and family.

RSS

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Rick on your ordination! How powerful it must have been with such amazing moon and feminine energy surrounding you. I hold you as well, and wish you the best on this journey. Thank you for saying yes to the call, for having the courage to walk the path.

    ReplyDelete