Monday, February 8, 2010

Excavation of a Star Part 3

Scattered Star (c) Rick Sievers 2-2010

How much I am like my father: Preparing to create the happy times with my family and myself and then not quite showing up. I feel my father in my veins today. And so I feel adrift, waiting for a blessing, making my home shiny to soothe my unhappiness. Here's a poem I wrote this morning instead of distracting myself with spins of thought. Thanks for reading it. I pray that it helps you to have compassion for the legacies that flow in your veins.



Pole Star


My father was

hovering

in my dream

world. So I invited

him into my day-

light reflections.


I found pieces

of a shattered

mirror, with my own

eyes looking

back at me.


I saw the

blue fire of stars

and the moonlit

waves on the storm

bright sea.


I saw wreckage

of his ship

scattered in flotsam.


To the east were the bright

lights of the city,

far across the bay.


To the west

was the Other World

named “Someday Soon”


While in the south

the moon

hung heavy,

a sliver of light,

a sail in Milky Way.


I am the

great pole star

Polaris, the frozen

center of the night

turning in circles.


I am my father’s

son, a glittering

flame in the eternity

of space,

unmovable, distant

and free.



(c) Rick Sievers, February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment