Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God's Ghostly Galleon

Burrows Bay

I'm writing to you from my favorite temporary home in Anacortes, WA., the Cap Sante Inn . Tomorrow I will cross over the bay to my island land to show it to prospective buyers. Years and great loves have passed since I last stood on the land that claimed me as steward.

Here is a poem I wrote within the time popcorn takes to swell and pop in the microwave. Here is proof that poetry does not have to be good, scholastic, correct or even spelled checked. It just has to be allowed to come forward. There are always words in the waters between the mind and the heart. Just make the crossing.

Three and a Half Minutes
Writing between
the raindrops,
popcorn of ocean's
memory fallen
on the hard streets.

Tomorrow is an ocean
away, an island
hidden in the mist.

Tomorrow is the flood.

Tomorrow is the crossing
to Avalon.
~~~
Tonight, the rain,
sizzling ice,
rhiming sheets of
God's ghostly
galleon fluttering,
pulling me
deep
into dreams.

Tonight, the crossing
within cloud layers,
through mountain hearts,
jet-streaming to another
place, another life

Blessings to you my brother or my sister.
RSS
Here is a link to a live camera of my island land and Burrows Bay. Check this out at 10:10 AM or 12:30 PM PST on Wednesday 2/24/10 to see our boat crossing. Fidalgo Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment