Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bridge of Dreams

Deception Pass Bridge
Between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands

On my 49th birthday the island land on Burrows Bay was contracted to sell. The night before the offer I had a dream where the wind hovering above the ocean said:

"You don't make a profit on holy land.
You gain your life in the heart of (a) prophet."

When I bought the island land in December of 2001 I had a dream of Burrows Island connected with the mainland by a bridge full of wonderful houses. At the time I "knew" I would live on this bay and steward the island for the rest of my life. I wondered why the houses were suspended on the bridge as if in transit.

Life has many surprises. One was how the island of my forever is going into the care of another person. One thing leads to another in such mysterious ways.

The island awakened the fire of poetry inside me. It purchase led to building in Anacortes. The loss of the Anacortes sanctuary led to this farmland. Now the concretized dream of knowing the future has morphed into a more mature flexibility.

What a heart rending cycle of life this has been on the way to surprise and insight.

I am more alive to the fluidity of fate now.

Only Creator knows where the path leads next.
All I have to do is proceed.

What do we really know?
What are we open to?

RSS









(c) Rick Sievers, 2010, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment