Thursday, March 18, 2010

Going In, Rising Up


Meditative Video of the shoreline on Burrows Bay
February 2010

Sometimes I feel like my pole star has fallen from the sky now that the island land is being sold. Like there is no center point of inspiration that I can imagine or touch. For a decade I have used my sanctuary land as a support to find a heart opening in my personal life. I could always rely on the idea and solidity of the land being there for me. Through deaths and soul flights I have come back to that land time and time again for replenishment.

Now Avalon is slipping into the mists like holy islands are prone to do. And I must dig deeper into the resources that are already a part of me. I must do this not only to thrive but to survive.

How many people, and even civilizations, get the developmental chance to go beyond their icons and firm beliefs? This letting go of treasure is a chance to go further and be more present.

Yesterday I sat with my mentor and prayed. I sat in an ordinary office. But inside myself I also stood on a dark warm shoreline where waves gently wrapped their hands around my feet. All around were the vibrations of infinite voices singing. I felt at ease there. I felt at home in that amniotic experience.

It's so often hard for dreamers to be in the world and be present... to be seen. But those are the exact developmental tasks Spirit is calling us to fulfill:

To live and be free.
To be at home.
To love and be loved.

In these times where the stony edifices and beautiful props are disappearing I remember to call upon The Beloved Creator and Spirits for my sustenance and well being.

I pray that you can experience the warm and gentle seas.
I pray that you can be at peace in these times of letting go and rising up.

RSS

(c) Copyright, 2010, Rick Sievers, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment