Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Not Too Late

When I was thirty-eight years old I made a business plan for my life. I found this beautiful work of vision in a mouldering box in our back barn today. I opened the spiral bound pages to find art and scrawling prayers and accountant like time lines. This tablet of specific goals and ideas was written by one with less experience and more raw idealism than the one holding it today.

I read the words and thought how lucky I was that I did not follow that path of combining massage, shamanic healing and artistic creation directly. I ended up meandering through lessons and experiences that have shocked me with deepening. Sometimes I also feel like I cheated myself out of a life I have always yearned for.

A lot of those experiences are recounted in my old blog dreamingavalon. I think about how much of my life I have spent dreaming and healing myself. Now it feels hard to grow up even more.

I often find myself haunted by the things left undone. I find myself listening to a voice from outside my bedroom window in the early morning when the house is cold and still. The voice is my own voice saying "I'm still here and I am ready to come home from my wandering."

I never completed that business plan. I barely even started it. I stayed under-employed for another ten years while I worked on building myself into a more solid person through counseling, art and and a rich spiritual mentoring.

I'm not employed now. Life has turned again and again. And there is the business plan showing up again.

"It's not too late."
I hear my elder self say to me from the future.
"It's never too late."

Today I think of how the compassionate spirits know about our lives from a perspective that is outside of the illusion of time. I consider how the Creator has placed yearnings within all of us that rise and fall like the tides. I think about how visions propel someone into a purpose they never even considered before they flew into a new life.

It's not too late.

It's never too late.


Peace to you in your dynamic living visions.

RSS

(c) Rick Sievers, 2010

1 comment:

  1. It's NEVER too late! I know from my own journey and what I have witnessed in others more than ever, especially now during this epic time. In the words of Goethe, "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." Begin.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete