Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Swallows


The sun is stretching his wide
warm hands through
the dew of meadow grass.
The light is welcoming
the swallows back
for their first morning
back home.
The gold-green birds
arc and dive, performing
pirouettes in mid air.

I wonder what they have seen in their travels?
Where did they sleep for their six months away?

The Good Book says that God cares for even the most humble sparrow and that we are infinitely loved and cared for. Seeing the wild flights of these free beings brings me closer to peace.

I want to have Creator's eyes and heart as I witness these creatures hurtling above the yawning garden. I want to play a small role of comfort by providing bright colored yarn for their nests and bird houses with the perfect sized entrance for their shelter.

I write this while sitting high above the field in my own little house, full of books and brightly colored words. I'm grateful for the sustenance given to me so freely. I hope that my flights of fancy, the nesting, the travels of the heart, bring joy to the One watching me.

May you know the gaze of adoration today.

RSS

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Rick. FYI, As John's father (remember?), I have started a blog, Ralston Ramblings.blogspot.com. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete